TABLE OF CONTENTSInformation We Collect and How We Use It
- Third Parties
- Controlling Your Personal Data
- Data Retention and Account Termination
- Contact Information
- International Data Transfer
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you transmit to or through the Service. We use that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Please also note:
- Account Information: If you create a Sanui account, we may store and use the information you provide during that process, such as your full name, email address, zip code, physical address, and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender, phone number, and birth date. We may publicly display your first name and last initial, as well as any photo or other content you submit through the registration process, as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the information associated with your account through your account settings. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by contacting our team at info@Sanui.com.
- Public Content: Your contributions to the Service are intended for public consumption and are therefore viewable by the public, including your photos, reviews, tips, lists, collections, compliments.
- Transactions: If you initiate a transaction through the Service, such as purchase, we or our payment partner may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and payment information (such as a credit card number and expiration date), as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties, and third parties may share such information with us, for the same purposes. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, businesses you call using our mobile applications, and reservations and purchases you make through the Service. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, WiFi information such as SSID, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs. You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the “Location Services” settings for our applications in iOS privacy settings.
- Legal Basis for Processing: For residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland only, our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the specific information concerned and the context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for instance, to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service or to comply with legal obligations). If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will typically be to operate our Services, communicate with you in relation to our Services, or for our other legitimate commercial interests, for instance, when responding to your queries, to analyze and improve our platform, engage in marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing fraud. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at the address listed below in the “Contact” section.
|Processes||Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.|
|Preferences||Intended to remember information about how you prefer the Service to behave and look. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to send push notifications to your phone.|
|Notifications||Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.|
|Analytics||Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.|
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you.
3. THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/ ), Omniture (https://www.d1. sc.omtrdc.net/optout.html? omniture=1&popup=1&locale=en_ US&second=1&second_has_cookie= 0), Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout. aboutads.info/?c=2#!/) and Pri vacyChoice (https://www.avg. com/en-ww/avg-owned-domain). Please note that opting out does not prevent the display of all advertisements to you. Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable information from or about you with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address) to facilitate the display of targeted advertising. You may be able to limit our sharing of some of this information through your mobile device settings, as described in Section 2 above, or through the Service’s settings.
- Content Partners: We allow third party partners to use and display some of the public content available through the Service, such as your photos, reviews, and other information detailed in Section 1(b) above. Our partners on Sanui are: Google Inc, Facebook, Shopify (ecommerce provider) , MailChimp for Shopify (newsletter provider), One Click Social Login (One Click Social Login provides automatic signup and signin integration with the following social networks: Facebook; Twitter) , Personalizer (Show your customers similar products they are more likely), Plug in SEO (SEO module) , SendCloud (company that handles all shipping of products to final clients) , SendR (company that handles all shipping of products to final clients)
- Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Service, such as reservations and food delivery. We may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party. Our partners on Sanui are: Google Inc, Facebook, Shopify (ecommerce provider) , MailChimp for Shopify (newsletter provider), One Click Social Login (One Click Social Login provides automatic signup and signin integration with the following social networks: Facebook; Twitter) , Personalizer (Show your customers similar products they are more likely), Plug in SEO (SEO module) , SendCloud (company that handles all shipping of products to final clients) , SendR (company that handles all shipping of products to final clients)
- Third Party Accounts: If you sign up for, or log into, Sanui using a third party service like Facebook or Google, or link your Sanui account to your account with a third party service like Facebook or Twitter, we may receive information about you from such third party service. If you post content to a third party service through the Service, that third party service will also receive that content, which will be visible to anyone that has access to it through that third party service.
4. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Service. Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Service are only private to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keep them private. For example, if you send a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it. Also, we may access and disclose such messages in the course of investigations relating to use of the Service.
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information. You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You also have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. The Service generally provides you with a reasonable means to view and change your profile information and you can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. However, if you have any questions or concerns about the processing of your personal information, you may contact us as outlined in the “Contact” section below.
5. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 resident in the EEA or Switzerland. If you become aware that such a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at the address listed below in the “Contact” section. If we become aware that such a child under 16 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal information submitted to us from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration and unauthorised disclosure or access, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will take such steps as we deem necessary to confirm your identity before sharing any personal data with you. We will respond to proper and confirmed requests relating to personal data within 30 days, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
10. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Not only is GDPR an important step in protecting the fundamental right to privacy for European citizens, it also raises the bar for data protection, security, and compliance in the industry.
For more information on GDPR, please visit: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-protection-eu_en.